AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some trouble with Macros.
I really wish someone would youtube video this;.

What I want to do:

If I am watching TV (cable) I want to be able to turn my Xbox 360 on (turn it on, wait a few seconds while it spins up, then have the TV switch source/input to the Xbox)

Ive programmed both the TV (a Samsung Plasma) and the Xbox into the R50 with no problems.

What I am doing:

1. Going into sub menu Advanced Setup

2. Select Macros

3. Options here are: On the Main Menu or Inside a Device.I select Inside a Device.

4. Then I select via the hard key Xbox I see REC flashing

5. I click Power On.

6. I hit Pause hard key several times

Now here is where i am unsure what to do. How do I get the Macro to recognize the jump to the other device/TV? Kinda baffled here.

Please write explicit directions if at all possible. Thanks in advance for help.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I don't own the URC-R50 but I've been using the URC MX-500 for 8 years and I recently bought the URC RF20 and programming macros is similar in both. Here's an example of one of my macros that I programmed into my MX-500 (Note: my system has already been powered up using the System macro which is why you're not seeing any Power On commands in the macro):

HR21 (DirecTV HD DVR) macro steps: AVR > Input Select CBL/SAT > Main > TV > Pause > Pause > T/V > Input Select 6 (HDMI) > Main > HDMI switch > Input Select 2 > Main > HR21

Assuming macro programming on the URC R50 is similar, my guess is that you're not pressing the Main button when switching devices.....might this be what you're missing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts