AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My custom installer just received a Panny 42PD3 (yes, the new consumer model),...bless him! He will be installing it Monday or Tuesday. I need to get an HDTV/Direct TV receiver to go with this, tomorrow. I have an RCA 100 that I use in the home theater that has been rather buggy so I wanted to get something else for the Panny (in the rec room). What do people recommend and why? Of course I want great HDTV quality but I am also interested in the best conversion of analog material (sat and cable). I was going to pick up a Sony but a recent Perfect Vision article said it did a poor job on analog material. It also reportedly doesn't have the DirecTV advanced program guide (I think that means you can't get program info for cable and off air?). At least for now, I won't be adding an external scaler to the setup.

Any suggestions? I must decide by tomorrow.

I am also going to replace the RCA 100 in the theater (not as urgent). I have the same goals but the setup is much different so the best STB for this may be different than for the plasma. The theater has a Vidikron Vision One with the Faroudja 5000 scaler. Any suggestions for this one? Thanks.

Marc

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.