AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!! I can't decide between Sony KLV-32M1, Sony KLVS32A10, Samsung LNR329D, and Sharp Sharp LC-32D7U! Which one is the best to get? Money is not an issue...just want the best one out there.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
One thing to consider. In my opinion the Sharps are great, but you must feed them a good signal. If not, macroblocking and other distortions will ruin your picture. Here in Taiwan we have no HD sources at all, and the cable systems have terrible signals. The Sharps look terrible here for SD TV. Even running the signal through an HTPC can't hide the fact that there's too much noise and weakness in the original signal. I'd assume you are in the US (where I'm originally from), so it probably won't be an issue for you. For DVD's, HTPC and gaming the Sharp should be golden regardless for you. However, I personally feel the Sharps are overpriced (we don't get the good Costco deals here), so you may want to consider other options. If you aren't in a hurry, I suggest waiting to see how the new 37" Sceptre pans out. It could be just the thing you are looking for an you'll get an extra five inches for the same price.

OT - Cleveland - I'm still considering the Pio we talked about before, but I've recently seen a Westy plasma that's caught my eye. Hear anything about it?

You guys don't know how lucky you are to live in the US. We make your panels here but pay twice the price for them. :( I have a friend that can get them 40% off direct from the factory here in Taiwan (they come unbranded in a generic casing), but the factory only produces ED plasma sets now. Hopefully the next time I consider upgrading after this year's purchase they will make nice 1080p plasmas. ;)

·
23,007 Posts
If money is no object, buy them all, evaluate them and pick the one you like best. Then sell the other two or give them to your friends who may not be as fortunate as you.

larry

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeBound
Please help!! I can't decide between Sony KLV-32M1, Sony KLVS32A10, Samsung LNR329D, and Sharp Sharp LC-32D7U! Which one is the best to get? Money is not an issue...just want the best one out there.
Check out the Sony KLV-S32A10.

I saw it last night for the first time and, side by side with the Sharps and Samungs, I thought the Sony looked fantastic.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper
If money is no object, buy them all, evaluate them and pick the one you like best. Then sell the other two or give them to your friends who may not be as fortunate as you.

larry

I can be your friend. ;)

·
23,007 Posts
When money becomes no object for me, I will gladly consider you for receiving my A/V "hand me downs". :) Unfortunately for me, I still need to work for a living. Although some of my friends have benefited from gear I replaced although most of the things I gave away weren't quite so bleeding edge as new LCDs. :)

larry

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Sometimes I wish I were the nephew that receives all the "old" tech. My nephews and brother-in-law are ecstatic when the time comes for me to upgrade something. ;) I guess I'm to old to have an uncle interested in electronics. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.