AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to mount my projector today and have a problem.

I have a JVC G11 and a Progressive Marketing PBM-240L ceiling mount. To attach the mount to the projector, you must remove the front adjustable foot on the projector. The mount then attaches with a screw into the hole previously used to secure the projector foot.

On my G11, the foot does not seem to come off. I can unscrew it, continuing until it is fully extended, but after that, turning the foot further neither releases the foot nor further extends it.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Thanks.

/jab

· Registered
52 Posts
Try gently pulling on the leg as you unscrew it, my G15 had a space in the leg (bolt) where there wasn't any threading, and then the threading continued to the end of the leg.

You are probably already aware of this, but it may bear repeating. I heard that you could encounter issues mounting a G11 inverted, something about lacking a set screw...

Good luck,

Steve

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I saw the space and was thinking that was the solution. I tried twice gently with no success, but with the added confidence of your advice, I've gotten it out.

Thank you! Thank you!

I love this place! :)

/jab

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, regarding inverting a G11: Yes, the G15 inverts better. Inverting a G11 can cause shading problems. In my case, William Phelps calibrated the shading for an inverted mount, and the only shading issues are in parts of the panel I won't be using.

Thanks again.

/jab

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.