AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

my receiver just exploded... it wasn't even ON. It just had current, and there was a banana plug connected to it without any wires.

Could this have exploded my receiver?

It's an Onkyo RC260

Help please... has anyone had such a thing?

this thing wasn't even on.. it just had current flowing :/

thnx... :S

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeC- /forum/post/0

Hello,

my receiver just exploded... it wasn't even ON. It just had current, and there was a banana plug connected to it without any wires.

It's an Onkyo RC260

Receiver has always on stand-by power. Otherwise you won't be able to turn it on with remote. Obviously your receiver is dead now. If it is still under warranty, send it to Onkyo for a service. Otherwise just discard it. It is not worth fixing.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeC- /forum/post/20823326

Hello,

It's an Onkyo RC260

I doubt the banana plug had anything to do with it. Check out the threads here concerning current and 2 to the 3 year old Onkyos. There is also a Onkyo failure thread here, but I don't know if your model is on it. Those threads will also give you info on how to have them repaired. Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnx ! i'm looking into every post.. but i think it's time to give up.. and look for a cheap replacement as this one didn't even last 5months... and warranty is a no go.. as i'm not from USA and bought it from USA... :/

i've got 5.0 Jamo speakers.. need a cheap ampli to connect it all i guess :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts