AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using Ahanix MCE601 with its special 350W PSU. Motherboard is MSI Platinum. Tried two DVD-ROMs and none of them power up (I mean I cannot get it to open the tray to insert the installation CDs). What am I doing wrong here? Without even connecting the IDE cables and just connecting power cable to the DVD ROM doesn't open it...

The PSU cannot power it due to it being custom made? But I have pretty minimum config (160Gig Hard-drive) and that's it...

Please help me...

·
Registered
134 Posts
You don't need power to open a DVD-ROM drawer. Stick a paper clip in the hole next to the eject button (with power off). If the drive door doesn't open, something is blocking it (ie, you may not have installed it in the case properly). Try removing it from your case and then testing it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to connect it to another computer and the drive opens up properly. Just when I connect it to the new one it has problems opening up (seems like it is not getting power)... Also it doesn't get recognized by the OS....

I did try another line of cable...

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5a5l3m
I tried to connect it to another computer and the drive opens up properly. Just when I connect it to the new one it has problems opening up (seems like it is not getting power)... Also it doesn't get recognized by the OS....

I did try another line of cable...

Does your HDD power up? If so, try this connector for your DVD drive and vice versa.

____

Axel

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't try the hard-drive connector but I tried another connector. Right now I'm powering the CD-ROM from another computer and installing the OS.

I'll do that after that.

You think it could be a faulty wire(s) or not enough juice in the PSU?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. I tried the other connector (connected to HDD) and it worked. Seems like one of the power cables is bad... Weird... Shame on you Ahanix...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.