AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this si the right section for this but I need to replace me ballast for my optoma ep719.I don't know how to or where to order it from.Please help thank you.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
You're posting in the wrong forum, but if Optoma can't sell you the part, you're probably out of luck. THese digitals are all built to be disposable, why not just get another set?

That's what the manufacturer wants you to do, a ballast is not something you can find at Radio Shack or other electronics store, they are always custom built for the specific projector. Maybe you can find the same model on eBay that just needs a lamp, but I've tried and failed miserably to repair digitals.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
A "digital" optima?

...we dont need no stinking "digital" optima here!!!! MUHAHAHAAH (just kidding folks!!!)

Martin

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
I don't know why some people don't fill in their location. Then they ask for the location of something. Even saying just U.S or Canada isn't good enough since Canada must have 6 time zones (of course they only have people in zone 1, 4 and 6. The rest are empty
) Some members are on another continent, like Australia, Africa, etc.

There's a parts store near me that stocks oem parts for most digital projector brands....or can get them in 3 days.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Techman

People are always afraid of the might internet!

They think that there will be an invasion of unsavory characters the second someone knows where there are from....but then again there are such things as reverse dns lookup....so if someone wants to find out bad enough there are ways!

Martin

·
Registered
9,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehjan /forum/post/18305491

Techman

People are always afraid of the might internet!

They think that there will be an invasion of unsavory characters the second someone knows where there are from....but then again there are such things as reverse dns lookup....so if someone wants to find out bad enough there are ways!

Martin

If they are SO paranoid, they should stay off the net altogether. Don't they realize that their IP address more or less says the area they are from?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I agree tech

I guess people listen to the news/cnn and get scared...as always technologies is the boogie man and they need to stay away from it!

Martin

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Aww, you guys scared him off. I guess there wasn't quite an 'urgent' need here..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts