AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past 8 months I've been hearing a buzz from my XBR55HX929, that is almost 4 years old and was used about 12 hrs/day, everyday.

Buzz has become louder and more often. Also, it lasts some time (few minutes) and then disappears. Some hours later, it comes again. Lately, it has been lingering more than when it started about 8 months ago. If the TV displays a pure black screen, buzz volume goes down. Whiter screens mean louder buzz.

Is is volume independent, regardless of muting or turning volume up. Everything points to capacitors, and as an electronic engineer, I'd shoot the PSU caps.

However, I am out of country and I am really short of suppliers here. A friend from US is coming to visit me and he could bring the caps over.

My question is: has this happened to anybody who actually fixed it by himself? Can anyone tell me what are the values of the PSU caps for this model? Any technician around who could help me with this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gyus, no one has ever faced this before??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What does this have to do with OLED? :confused:
Nothing, I believe. But fits Flat panels General, perhaps. It was the closest I could find when I first looked at forums's sections.

Anyway, sorry if it disrupts good practice in here. But it would be more constructive if you told me where is the right section, in case you know.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Nothing, I believe. But fits Flat panels General, perhaps. It was the closest I could find when I first looked at forums's sections.

Anyway, sorry if it disrupts good practice in here. But it would be more constructive if you told me where is the right section, in case you know.
Well, this is the OLED forum. Maybe try posting in the LCD forum?

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/

P.S. its not the "OLED Technology" AND "Flat Panels" forum, its the OLED "Technology and flat panels" forum :).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If mod/adm could close this thread, I'd appreciate. tks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.