Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks.

I have reason to believe the children of a visitor have damaged something behind the screen on my Mitsubishi 55857. I went out for errands and returned and turned on the set and there are curved areas of darkness on the screen and pushing in on them makes it look almost like a liquid in there and I can feel something right behind the screen.

I'm talking about the actual screen, not the glare thing/screen protector.

Help!?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
Screen protectors are no good. What you need is the invisible fence. Make every child that enters your home put the collar on and have the line set around your set. Guaranteed they will not go near the set.:D :D :D
Hey! Good Idea!

I owe you a beer! :D

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan420
what was it?

Well, my nephew's wife's friend was over with her kids. One of the kids grabbed a spray bottle of Krud Kutter and apparently sprayed the screen. The liquid seaped up between the front and back layers of the screen (the curving was due to the texture of the back panel of the screen). I took some warm water and soft cloths and wiped it clean (just a few minor smudges left) but it looks like a bit of 'film' was rubbed off?

A guy from HHGregg was just here and he replaced the 2HDW board and a main board and I mentioned the screen problem and he said there's a charcoal film on that back panel and that was probably rubbed off. He's going to order another one and see if the warranty will cover it. If not, the kid's mom said she'd cover the cost of a new screen (about $120 or so)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.