AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of US mesurements for the A mounting bolts on the 12xx sonys? I have tried everywhere and nobody carries metric bolts. No place that I have called/spoken to has them or knows where to get them. I finally was able to track down uni-strut and that was after several days of annoyace.

You would think I lived in the middle of knowhere, but I'm in Albany, NY.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have you tried Home depot? They have metric bolts in drawers in the nails/fasteners section.

I'm using 8mm-1.25 pitch bolts......

Home depots:

161 R Washington Ave Ext

Albany, NY 12203

979 Central Avenue

Albany, NY 12205

·
Registered
88 Posts
You might also want to try your local auto parts store, where they'll most likely stock metric bolts and threaded rods.

Don

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Home depot looked at me like I had three heads whan I asked for metric bolts. The autoparts store sounds lke a good bet.

The A bolts are the three mounting bolts along the center of gravity, B's are up front and C's are in the back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe the three headed look is in the training program. I get the same look when I ask where any thing is in the store. In my local Home Depot they had a small metric section and I was able to find 8mm bolts for my sony 12xx.

·
Registered
262 Posts
yeah, the metric bolts are in a plastic drawer, in little plastic bags, not in the bins at any home depo ive ever been in.

also look in the yellow pages under fasteners, you can get the bolts and or threaded rod at any industrial fastener place.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had to stop at home depot this morning for other stuff...

nope.. the cosest they had was 8x1.25x60

I'll have to try the auto parts store next.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Most franchised hardware stores carry metric bolts (true value, ace, hardware hank). Use the coarse thread 8mmx80mm bolts.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After calling two autoparts stores ( nope, and 1 in stock ) a local Ace franchise to the rescue. 8x1.25x80 in stock....

So now I have enough bolts and unistrut to bolt my car to my basement ceiling :)

Thanks all... expect pictures of the mess within the next month or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.