1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downloading as I speak.

·
Registered
781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downfind /forum/post/0

well ps2 games so far dont look like crap anymore... i havent noticed any other changes

Really? Guess I can finally pop FF12 in again.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by downfind /forum/post/0

well ps2 games so far dont look like crap anymore... i havent noticed any other changes

I can confirm that as well...they look as they should again!

I've noticed you can set your own photo as your user icon now

So far no 720p for BD playback though.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai /forum/post/0

I've noticed you can set your own photo as your user icon now

So far no 720p for BD playback though.

Awesome! I'm downloading now. Any DVD upscale features added?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I was checking out the "About the PlayStation 3" item in the system area and noticed the eZiText logo was there. There were a bunch of press releases/news stories last month that Sony was going to adopt a new predictive text tool so maybe they have added this. I never ran that "About" thing before so I can't say if their logo was in it before. Can anyone tell if predictive text input has improved?

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai /forum/post/0

It seems PS1 games have suffered though, specifically the cinematics. Granted, the PS1 cinematics are pretty poor by today's standards, no matter what you do, but it is pretty apparent how poor they really are on 1.5 with my 1080p set. I just hope the Chrono Cross crashes I have been seeing will be lessened.

The good news is that the PS2 games looking like crap issue /is/ solved. One of the worst offenders I have seen for this was the Rogue Galaxy demo, which I popped in after 1.5 to see what happened... All I have to say is: I suddenly don't regret pre-ordering this game anymore. The issues I was worrying about are gone, and the demo plays beautifully without introducing artifacts (beyond what is already there with 480 lines being scaled to a 1080 line LCD display).

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Was the Cross Color Reduction filter there before in the Display Settings ? I don't recall seeing any filters there in 1.32 ( I think there was something similar in the BD Video settings in 1.32 however ) .

--- Jason

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Did someone say you could use your custom photo for your user profile pic? How do you do this?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Huh... I'm really thinking it might be my imagination, but I thought the PS3 main menu used to output to my 720p projector at 720p. (I knew 1080p/1080i games and movies used to do this after prior updates, but I thought the menu stayed at 720p, at least for us 720p users) It's 1080i now.

Other than that (and I really don't know for sure) I don't see anything else different. I haven't tried a PS2 game yet.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.