AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching today's Chivas vs DC game I noticed on the scroll that they made sure to mention that USA/T&T would also be on ESPN2HD, something they don't usually do for soccer listings(they have yet to be in HD), hdsportsguide lists it as being in HD. Does anyone know for certain that it will be? I'm not sure how reliable that site is, I just googled it. Apologies if it has been posted here, I did search for soccer and didn't see anything.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yes it is going to be in HD

See Here

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
oh well i'm happy for the soccer fans in CT & rural Penn. that can get the ch. now. but at least D* will have it(i hope) for USA v. Mexico!!!

jim

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDntheCity
oh well i'm happy for the soccer fans in CT & rural Penn. that can get the ch. now. but at least D* will have it(i hope) for USA v. Mexico!!!

jim
No chance. The only HD will be from the stands. ESPN2 is showing the game tape delayed due to college football. However they have added a live showing to ESPN Classic @ 7:30. Such a shame too because this is the game that would really reach people. It's a natural rivalry on and off the field and always brings out the best in all involved . That little stadium generates a sick amount of sound when it's full too (well not for the pathetic MLS All Star game).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDntheCity

jim

As the previous poster said, the game is on ESPN Classic live.

But even if it was on ESPN2, Direct TV is not getting ESPN2 HD until Sept 8 and the US Mexico game is September 3.

Maldini

·
Registered
605 Posts
Definately HD for me. I will be at the match!!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer4
Definately HD for me. I will be at the match!!!
What resolution do you support :D

Lucky you. I would enjoy the game in all its SD glory

·
Registered
605 Posts
I might flip back and forth between 720p and 1080i to see which is better with fast motion. Nevermind, my results will be tainted by all the beer anyways!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Let's hope we are hearing a lot of "Goal, Goal, Goal for the Red, White and Blue" tonight!

After about 15 "caps" of seeing the US here in MA at Foxboro, I was looking forward to getting my first road cap tonight in Hartford, but will not make it. I will be there in spirt!

Go USA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Checked this morning (Wed. 8/17), and ESPN does not currently list a live broadcast for USA-Mexico (Sept. 3) on their web site, probably due to the glut of college football games that weekend (the opener for many schools). Right now, ESPN2 is scheduled to do a tape-delay at 2:30 AM ET, and Univision will broadcast it live (neither broadcast would be in HD).

·
Registered
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa-san
Checked this morning (Wed. 8/17), and ESPN does not currently list a live broadcast for USA-Mexico (Sept. 3) on their web site, probably due to the glut of college football games that weekend (the opener for many schools). Right now, ESPN2 is scheduled to do a tape-delay at 2:30 AM ET, and Univision will broadcast it live (neither broadcast would be in HD).
As has been mentioned in two previous posts in this thread, the US-Mexico game will be carried live on ESPN Classic at 7:30 pm ET on Sept 3..

http://www.ussoccer.com/schedule/def...tompageid=6485

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinma
Let's hope we are hearing a lot of "Goal, Goal, Goal for the Red, White and Blue" tonight!

After about 15 "caps" of seeing the US here in MA at Foxboro, I was looking forward to getting my first road cap tonight in Hartford, but will not make it. I will be there in spirt!

Go USA!
I hate that weak tune. Sam's Army sounds much better doing the ongoing chants. Also I'm not sure going to Hartford rather than Foxboro qualifies as a full road cap. We got ours at Foxboro in 2001 when they qualified. Since then I've managed to be out of town for every single Columbus WCQ including the Sept 3 game. When you are standing in a crammed Crew stadium behind the goal and the sun is setting on the skyline with the National Anthem playing and the team standing 20 feet from you as big as the buildings in the distance then you've earned a road cap. See you in 4 years ;).

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavo1213
Who the hell has Espn2 HD.
I think there are a few small cable operators that carry it and D* will be adding it soon

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
As will Comcast....supposedly.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy
I think there are a few small cable operators that carry it and D* will be adding it soon
Adelphia carries it in Cleveland. The gamed looked very good last night.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.