AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what WERE the results of the evelope pushers here that were taking em well past 1,000 hours? Any damage stories? (I know.....there was the one house that blew & took out the block) Any consensus on when they became unwatchable?

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I think we have all been asking this question ever since the D-ILA showed up on the scene. So far I have yet to hear one story of catastrophic consequenses. Even though I've heard plenty of scare tactics saying they are small bombs and such. The fact so far show they are relatively benign. I'm not saying It won't or can't happen. I'm saying I have yet to here a real documented account. Although, I've heard many for UHP bulbs.

There are plenty of test stories on the net if you search for xenon bulb failure an what happens. There are links here also if you search for them.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I'm at about 1150 hours right now on my original G11 lamp. Have my new lamp waiting in the wings, and hope to get about 100 hours more before changing. Light output has taken a quick nose dive though.:cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Tom (the JVCrep who uses this forum) said that he had never heard of an actual case where the bulb exploded and caused damage to the projector. I like William am at the end of my bulb life (just gettin close to the 1000hr mark) and have noticed a decrease in brightness. It is still very watchable and unless something drastic (boom) happens I hope to get another 3 or 4 hundred hours of use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.