AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

First of all my best wishes for the New Year 2009 to all the AVS forum members!

I have a question regarding the usage of the speakers of a BOSE Lifestyle 48 system.

I'm looking to get a better system since I am very much disappointed by the BOSE system and the VS-2 video enhancer is a real disgrace. HDMI doesn't sync or takes ages to sync.

However I would like to upgrade slowly, first get a real decent home cinema amplifier and a multimedia box.

My question is if there is a way to use the speakers of my Lifestyle 48 with a NON-BOSE system.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance!

·
Registered
871 Posts
They would make great cup holder or something of the sort, probably best to throw the whole thing up on ebay and get rid of it and buy something new and start slowly with the receiver and then the front left and right.

·
Registered
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-UA /forum/post/15453968

Dear All,

My question is if there is a way to use the speakers of my Lifestyle 48 with a NON-BOSE system.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance!

Absolutely not.....the preamp is in the control module and the speaker power from the bass module. You may be able to feed a line level signal into the bass module but have no control.

Why wouldn't you want to sell the whole thing intact on eBay or other as stated ? If it functions, you're way ahead of the game financially. Separated, it isn't worth poob ! ($$$wise)

These things are $4,000 new....you'll take a loss, but not the entire $4k you would if separated.

Besides, the speakers are the weakest link in the system IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts