AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Kworld UB435-Q USB ATSC Only tuner stick. I am running windows xp pro SP3 and mediaportal. I installed the drivers for the stick and device manager shows it working properly. I can watch TV with the included junk software, although it is very choppy another issue for another day. However, mediaportal shows that no capture cards or tuners are available. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numrous times. Does anyone know how get the USB tuner to be recognied by mediaportal? I have read different reports that if they do not work in XP MCE then they won't be recognized in MP either. Is there a work around for this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should ask the question over in the MediaPortal forums, but if the drivers are BDA-compliant e.g. it works with MCE (and it looks like they are compliant), then it should work with MediaPortal TV-server. It probably won't work with the old TV engine (which was in any case removed in MP 1.0.2 - the current release version of MP, so you have to use TV-server).

Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Acording to the following link Media Portal does not require Media Center

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/GeneralRequirements

It doesn't require it (it's an alternative/replacement for it), but as far as tuner cards/dongles are concerned if they are 'compatible with MCE' it normally means they have BDA-compatible drivers and hence should work with MediaPortal.

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts