AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello forum members,

I recently installed windows 7 professional 64 bit. I have xlobby 2 running on it, but the most important gadget is not working.(the usb-uirt) I had this all working on my xp system. I have downloaded the lastest drivers fr a windows 7 system. the problem is the plugin for the usb-uirt in xlobby is the dll 1.2file for a xp system. It seems I need a plugin for the usb-urit to have the current driver for windows 7.

here is the driver for xp (Drivers v1_4)

here is the driver for windows 7 (USBUIRT_Win7_Vista_v20216)

I am at a loss. any help would be much appreciated,

thank you

Larry

·
Registered
882 Posts
This is probably not the answer you're looking for but I used to use a USB-UIRT with xlobby on Windows 7 64-bit, but I used Girder instead of a direct xlobby plugin. I'm not sure if it's possible to do what you want to do, on Windows 7 64-bit, but girder is at least another option. If you can find an old, free version (3.something), that will work fine. If you use a newer version of Girder (4 or 5), you have to jump through a hoop or two to get it to work with Xlobby because the girder files that the xlobby plugin creates are for girder 3.x and not versions 4 or 5. What I used to do is open the girder files in an old version, save them and then use them with girder 5. I can offer more assistance if you're interested in going down that path. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to get the usb-uirt talking to xlobby.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mslide,

thank you for your input. this is the first news of any kind to be able to make it work. I do need to learn girder though. Maybe I should call the creator of xlobby to create a plugin for windows 7. I would be willing to pay.

I do have it working in xp mode in windows 7 but I am using 2 xlobby apps. one for movie,music and picture in 7. and the other for automation and device control in xp mode.

for example I launch movie in xlobby in 7 then turn lights off and adjust sound in xlobby in xp mode.kind of goofy!!!!

Larry

·
Registered
882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryep /forum/post/18160660

Maybe I should call the creator of xlobby to create a plugin for windows 7.

That's not gonna happen. I don't know if the original developer is still involved or not, but the company that owns xlobby is all about pushing their pre-made htpcs, loaded with xlobby 3. xlobby 2 isn't supported anymore and I don't think you can get the newer version as stand alone software.

I only ever used xlobby for picking what movie I wanted to watch so I'm not sure as to how compatible it really is with windows 7. Girder isn't that bad. You basically use an xlobby plugin (xremote? can't remember the name) to create a girder file. That girder file maps girder commands to what you want xlobby to do. For example, you can create a "Movies" girder command that will bring up your Movies page. Likewise, you can create a "Play" command that will be the same as clicking on a play button on your screen. You load this file into girder and then map remote commands to the different xlobby/girder commands. As I said, the only issue is that the girder file that xlobby creates is not compatible with Girder 4 or 5. You have to load it into an old version of girder and re-save it (or just use the old versions of girder, like 3.3 or something if you can find them).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DO YOU think i should of gone with a 32bit windows 7? or does even matter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.