AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

I'm wanting to use my Android phone as a universal remote. I have a HTPC that sits right next to my TV. I've done some searching and found a USB-UIRT device, and was wondering if there are any Android apps that can control it to send signals to the TV, and other devices. I'm using Unified Remote that works pretty good as a media center controller, but would like to be able to control power, volume, change inputs, on the TV itself..

Would appreciate any guidance, and suggestions..

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That's an IR receiver, so I think you would also need an IR transmitter. They may exist. I've seen them for iPhones.

But you might consider a Media Center Remote. One that comes with a transceiver. The transceiver will be able to receive IR and also send it (via an IR emitter) to your TV or amplifier/AVR. This combination (remote, transceiver, and emitter) will probably cost less (

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Event Ghost works with the USB-UIRT and allows automation to control just about anything. It has a web server plugin that would allow you to send commands from any device that has a browser. There's also an Android plugin for EG but it's pretty limited in it's present form at least as far as giving a nice interface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.