AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. Just purchased a panasonic p50s30.... testing out all the features.

I am trying to play a video that is on my usb card, via the usb port on tv. I am able to play video... but get no sound. The file is a .mp4

is there a way to get sound? do I need to convert video to something other than .mp4?

ps, using sony receiver for surround sound if that helps

·
Registered
806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkjeep7 /forum/post/0

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. Just purchased a panasonic p50s30.... testing out all the features.

I am trying to play a video that is on my usb card, via the usb port on tv. I am able to play video... but get no sound. The file is a .mp4

is there a way to get sound? do I need to convert video to something other than .mp4?

ps, using sony receiver for surround sound if that helps

Are you otherwise able to get sound output from your tv to your receiver (as opposed to audio from external components such as a cable box or Blu-ray player)?

If not, you may need to do some configuration to allow that to happen.

First thing you should do is figure out the physical path for routing audio from your tv to your receiver. If your tv supports 'ARC' make sure the hdmi cable is plugged into a jack on the tv that supports that and that the tv and receiver are set up to allow the tv to send audio to your receiver over hdmi. If not, you might need to run an optical cable or analog RCA cables from your tv to your receiver.

If other audio from your tv is getting to your receiver okay, you should find out the audio codec being used in the media files you are playing and see if your tv supports that format (would be something like AAC, PCM, AC3, DTS, etc. - the free application 'MediaInfo' is an easy way to determine the audio and video codecs within a given media file.)

You may be able to get better help on the appropriate threads for your specific tv and/or receiver model here on AVS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.