AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a Radeon AIW, and I just bought a Radeon 8500. The 8500 was going in my gaming machine while my AIW was staying in my HTPC. I finished setting up my gaming machine earlier, and started working on blowing away my HTPC to get a clean install of XP pro on.

XP comes with Radeon drivers, but ATI says that they aren't that great, and released some new ones a few weeks ago. I installed those, and thought about using the old CD that came with my AIW to install all teh software. . . I decided for $hit$ and giggles to try the 8500 cd so I can use DVD player 5.0, and all the other goodies. Suprisingly it worked!

The thing that shocked me even more is that it even installed the capture software as well which wasn't installed on my 8500. I guess ATI uses one cd for everything.

So if you have the older Radeons, if you can get your hands on the newest CD somehow then you should be able to use the newest dvd player.

I haven't had time to do a thourough test of it yet, and I probably won't for a few days, but so far so good.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi Chap,

Have you compared the DVD quality from 8500 with that from AIW?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not yet. . . . it will be a while before I am able to do that, and I will unfortunately have to go off of memory as far as how things looked. I can only really tell you that it works so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.