AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be totally off the wall, but is it possible to take live audio (say from a Directv music channel), capture it with a PC sound card and have the stream be available to an Audiotron unit for playback in real-time? I guess this would be like creating and broadcating your own in-house internet radio channel. Can this be done and if so how? I would like to be able to listen to some Directv music channels in remote rooms and I was thinking it would be great if I could use the Audiotron (or similar device) to do this. Thanks in advance.

Jay

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
If you can capture the sound, then I'm pretty sure the Audiotron could replay it.

I've never done it myself, but it can be done.

Try the Turtle Beach msg board... here's one thread:
http://pub90.ezboard.com/fturtlebeac...picID=84.topic

Another method is to essentially "rebroadcast" the signal that you want, and then, using the Turtle Radio settings, establish a custom internet radio station for your Audiotron.

Good luck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote:

Another method is to essentially "rebroadcast" the signal that you want, and then, using the Turtle Radio settings, establish a custom internet radio station for your Audiotron.[/b]

This part of the suggestion is correct from what I've read others doing. The Audiotron can only play files from the PC hard drive...it is independent of whatever the computer itself is doing. There is no interaction between the soundcard (or the PC processor) and the Audiotron. The only way to do it would be to stream the music via a custom radio station to the Audiotron. I would suggest looking at the Audiotron WWW site for info on how to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.