AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my main system for HT and music listening. I have been wanting to get speakers with larger drivers to be mains but I don't currently have space for more floor standing speakers. If I got bookshelf I wanted some with 2 drivers and a tweeter. I found some Polk RT35i bookshelves for a price I couldnt pass up. They are scratched and dirty but sonically perfect. They are only 1 driver and tweeter, so they will be fine for some fun.

My question is, sonically speaking, would you think the polk or the klipsch should be used as mains?

I tried to demo them back and forth. I feel the klipsch are punchier and brighter where the polk are more reserved. I don't think it would matter as much with movies as it would with music.

What do you guys think.

If not main r/l the other speaker will be used as height/wide

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
First off go with your ears and what you prefer. I would think keeping the Klipsch RP-3's as mains as you have the matching center to them. So I would use the Polk's as heights or wides.

Second this is a fair comparison. The RT35i is a 2-way 6.5"-driver and 1" dome tweeter bookshelf compared to a 3-way Tower with dome tweeter in a horn, a 6.5" mid range driver and a 10" woofer.

Thrid, you already have some pretty decent speakers I would consider a subwoofer before finding speakers with two mid range drivers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was thinking similarly. Just wanted to put it past some pros. The 10" woofers are subs:) they are brilliant. And way more than enough for my space. I have to turn them down quite a bit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts