AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the computer I want to use for my HTPC only has 1 PCI slot. If I get the MyHD card, would I be able to use its spdif output (it does have that correct?) in a zoom player graph rather than having to get a separate sound card just for the spdif? I would still output the video through my GeForce4 card. If it is not possible to use a software DVD player and just output the audio through the MyHD, is it possible instead to use the MyHD to play the DVD, and if so how does its quality compare to a software DVD player (NVDVD video scaled to 1024x768 with ffdshow).

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't believe it is possible to use the MyHD S/PDIF for anything other than the MyHD application output. You can play DVDs with MyHD, but you are limited to 480p unless you rip the DVD to your HD and remove MacroVision protection.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh that's too bad, I wonder if there are any usb 2.0 sound cards. Does anyone know how the quality of the macrovision-free MyHD dvd playback compares to that of a software player? I guess I wouldn't be able to use DVI but maybe the quality will be better anyway with the hardware decoder and scaler. If no one can tell me I guess I will find out once I get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.