Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

I'm a newbies here. I tried searching for my answer for abt 1 month here but it seem like I can't find a definite answer. So, I think it is time for me to break the ice.

Actually, I'm trying to setup my PC as a DD/DTS receiver with the following hardware setup:-

1. PC with 5.1 speaker and CMedia 8738 5.1 sound card with TOSLink Input & Output(no DD/DTS hardware decoder). Without DVD-Rom.

2. JVC DVD Player.

I tried connecting my DVD player Audio Optical Output to my sound card Optical Input but it seem to be giving a lot of noise. So, I'm trying to use my HTPC as a DD/DTS receiver and perform a SOFTWARE DD/DTS decoding. Is it possible ?

If possible, what software do I need ?

Pls advise me if anyone have gone through this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You need the hardware gkoon, must be no way around it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
gkoon, try posting this question in the Home Theatre Computers forum. At any given time, there are at least 100 topics actively discussed at this forum, and there are a great number of very knowledgable people who frequent it. If there is a way, they can make it happen. This is just a hunch, but ask whether you could use "graphedit" and the "filters" from a DVD software package to do this, and if so, how?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.