AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a new triple LNB (w/ integrated multiswitch) so I could get DTV's HDTV channels. Unfortunately I am only receiving the 101º and 110º sats. There is a large tree blocking the view to 119º.

After spending a few hours in the yard with a compass and inclinometer, the best location I have found is a spot with a clear view of the 119º sat, but a possibly obstructed view to the 101º and 110º sats.

Since it looks like I am going to have to have 2 dishes to get all 3 sats, what is the best way to do it? Here's what I have on hand:

18" X 20" triple LNB w/ integrated switch (in use)

18" round dish

4X4 multiswitch from an old oval dish that had 2 LNBs on it

A few dual and single LNBs

Is it possible to get the 101º and 110º sats with the integrated 18"X20" and use the round 18" for 119º only with these parts? Or do I need to get an 18"X24" oval dish with an external multiswitch and sat C kit and run the 119º LNB coax cable to the remote 18" round dish?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
198 Posts
You have to use the old triple LNB dish with the external multiswitch. Standard dual LNB for 101 & 119, Sat C LNB for 110.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Three 18" dishes would also work - or Dish Network 'Dish 500' could be used for 101/110 - may be easier/cheaper than the old DirecTV elliptical dish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.