AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume the answer is no but thought I would check. I also recognize it's not the best solution for a CC but space limitations are creating the necessity of going this route. Can the Pioneer 5070's speaker bar be used as the center channel for my 5.1 surround system and also as the TV's speaker when not using 5.1 sound system?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you have the 5.1, why would you ever not use it?

I have the 5070 and wanted to use the speaker as the center channel. My installer, who I trusted, told me he could do that (there are actually two speakers, but you can wire them in sequence with the center channel feed) but that he would strongly recommend against it. I ended up splitting the center to the left and right channels and went without a center. For the most part it's great, although I'll admit that sometimes in movies it seems a bit harder than normal to catch some of the dialogue.

I think it depends on your situation. If you're putting a pretty nice set of speakers with it, I wouldn't add the Pioneer center. Either go without or find an alternative. But if you're just using a non-top-end HTIB set of speakers, I say give it a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.