AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a rear projection screen still work well as a front projection screen? It will be used with a HD1500 in the basement with little ambient lighting.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Probably not. Rear projection screens are engineered to transmit most of the projected light through the screen. Front projection screens are engineered to reflect most of the projected light back from the screen.

If you already have a rear projection screen, you can try it and see for yourself when you get your projector, but I wouldn't expect a very bright picture. Also, if you place it against a white wall, you might get a double or smeared image.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you are correct. I just tried the setup, and it didn't go too well. The screens look great when used properly but not as front projection screens. Up for sale all 3 screens go on the forums. If anyone is interested you may make an offer.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
There are a couple fabrics that are designed to do both (with adverse affects on either choice). But generally you don't want to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After getting a hold of both the rear projection screen and a sheet of Parkland, I'd have to say the Parkland won hands down. Now if I could use the rear projection screen as designed that would be a different story. Thanks for the help though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts