Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since most of the BDP-80 beta test participants are from the BDP-83 group, I am thinking about using this forum for BDP-80 beta test. A few new participants will join and will be able to see old postings that they were not able to see before. Will this be OK with you?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I agree with Bob. Testing includes many of the same players, and the two players share the same core architecture (Mediatek chip) so there will be overlap as development progresses. Plus it just seems simpler for everybody involved (OPPO, AVS, and beta testers).

·
Registered
22,494 Posts
Is there no way to create sub-forums in here, one for each player model? A general forum for general topics and sub-forums specifically for player firmware threads. Neuromancer could be given modliness and fulfill his life-long ambition to be an AVS mod.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
As Bob said the commonality of features between the two players (BDP-83 and BDP80) would place testers at a disadvantage if using separate forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPPO User /forum/post/16961781

A few new participants will join and will be able to see old postings that they were not able to see before. Will this be OK with you?

OK with me, besides search is not active for this forums threads.

·
Oppo Beta Group
12,217 Posts
I agree. Keep it together.

Those with both players will very likely try to replicate a problem on the other player and this makes it easier to report.

- Rich

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I voted "Yes" also, for the reasons already noted.

Dana

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I wasn't selected for this so i can't Vote! This what happens when your not in the 23 HDMI Century. However, there might be an issue in the 80 or the 83' that are related and more eyes on the ground might be of some value...

Dave

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
My biggest concern would be privacy for the BDP-80 testing.

No offense to anyone with access to this forum, but I have no idea how many people do have access. What if information were to be leaked?

Of course I don't know of any major breaches for the BDP-83 either.

...and I also don't know if there will be any "surprises" with the BDP-80 compared to the BDP-83, that would need to be in the category of "keep it on the down_low or we'll cut out your eyeballs".

In an email earlier this week, I told Jason that I thought a separate forum should be used. Now that I think about it, other than the above scenario (which is low risk), maybe there is no real reason not to keep it here.

I'll just throw in a DON'T CARE vote.

As already mentioned, a SUB-forum would be really cool.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain /forum/post/16964760

Me, too.

-Bill

Meaning "living vicariously?"

Dana

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonbi /forum/post/16964763

Meaning "living vicariously?"

Dana

Yes. I'm sure it's just an innocent oversight, but I've got no word that I'm getting one yet.

-Bill

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain /forum/post/16964773

Yes. I'm sure it's just an innocent oversight, but I've got no word that I'm getting one yet.

-Bill

Contact Jason ASAP. I think you are right - again. An oversight for sure. I got no notice either but the 80 had already shipped on the 4th when I contacted him. He's busy and the shipping department is busy. Now that I think about it, he's probably busy in the shipping department.

So all the pleading, begging and crying I did was quite unnecessary.

Dana

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain /forum/post/16964773

-Bill

My guess? You've got one on the way. I've guessed that I have one on the way, too, even though I haven't gotten an email telling me that a player is coming.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

·
Registered
7,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk /forum/post/16965136

My guess? You've got one on the way. I've guessed that I have one on the way, too, even though I haven't gotten an email telling me that a player is coming.

I don't believe emails were sent based on the comments here, I didn't receive one. I just heard I had player size box at home from my wife, which made for a very nice evening especially with Dave getting somewhat excited!

·
Registered
17,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV /forum/post/16966077

I don't believe emails were sent based on the comments here, I didn't receive one. I just heard I had player size box at home from my wife, which made for a very nice evening especially with Dave getting somewhat excited!

Oh yeah! I'm excited now! I gots me some new playahs in da mail today.:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.