AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I would like to buy a VHS camcorder from the early eighties. Can I play video from it to an analogue TV, using the coax connector? If this is possible, could I put non recorded VHS in and play that on the TV, effectively turning the camcorder into VCR?

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Hi I would like to buy a VHS camcorder from the early eighties. Can I play video from it to an analogue TV, using the coax connector?
Depends on what kind of connectors your TV has.
If this is possible, could I put non recorded VHS in and play that on the TV, effectively turning the camcorder into VCR?
If you play a non-recorded tape on TV, all that you'll see will be noise. Who am I to judge. People watch all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what kind of connectors your TV has.

If you play a non-recorded tape on TV, all that you'll see will be noise. Who am I to judge. People watch all kinds of stuff.

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me why you only get noise? Is there a hack to make a recorded cassette work?
Robin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because this is what you get when playing a non-recorded, that is, blank tape.

No hack, just connect the camcorder's output to TV's input and select that input from the menu.
I didn't explain clearly. I meant put a recorded film VHS in a VHS camcorder.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
It completely irrelevant whether it is VHS, Video8, Digital8, MiniDV or HDV: as long as you have an output on the source and a corresponding input on a TV, it will work. Well, in some cases 50 Hz video may not be displayed on 60 Hz TVs and vice versa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts