AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only been able to demo the 5070HD at Best Buy, I have never been able to see the 1130HD so Iwould appreciate some input regarding PQ between these 2 sets.

The 5070HD can now be found for less then $2300 but I have also been given the opportunity to get a used (6 months old) 1130HD for $2000 - based on these prices which is best an 1130HD or a 5070HD?

I do like the idea of the separate "box" from the 1130HD but is the picture ont his set comparable to the 5070HD or will I still see some improvement between a 6th gen Elite and a 7th gen consummer line plasma?

· Registered
1,393 Posts
when you say used 6months is like buying a new one, 6 months of use for a PDP, especially like a quality display of the 1130 is a bargain, it all depends who is selling you this PDP, are they reputable, if they are, go for the 1130, it is a better PDP.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertec /forum/post/0

when you say used 6months is like buying a new one, 6 months of use for a PDP, especially like a quality display of the 1130 is a bargain, it all depends who is selling you this PDP, are they reputable, if they are, go for the 1130, it is a better PDP.

I do not know the person selling the 1130HD, he is moving and getting rid of of his gear. The 5070 comes from a Pioneer Authorized dealer.

· Registered
711 Posts
If not broken in properly, a used 1130HD can become a problem a few years down the road. It is a slightly better panel, in terms of adjustability. Personally, I would not buy a plasma used. I prefer to break in my TVs myself. The 5070 is not a bad set either.

· Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin /forum/post/0

I have only been able to demo the 5070HD at Best Buy, I have never been able to see the 1130HD so Iwould appreciate some input regarding PQ between these 2 sets.

The 5070HD can now be found for less then $2300 but I have also been given the opportunity to get a used (6 months old) 1130HD for $2000 - based on these prices which is best an 1130HD or a 5070HD?

I do like the idea of the separate "box" from the 1130HD but is the picture ont his set comparable to the 5070HD or will I still see some improvement between a 6th gen Elite and a 7th gen consummer line plasma?

I viewed an 1130 not to long ago and it definitely has a nice picture. In fact, after looking at the specs, my gut feeling is that the 5070 is basically the 1130 but with the built in tuner and the 1140 received a couple upgrades and some additional features. Picture quality wise I think will be so close that it's not an issue. The $2000.00 for a 1130 is a good deal and as long as the warranty can be transferred then you actually have 6 months more warranty also. Ether way you can't go wrong, but I would seriously consider the 1130 if the warranty is intact.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
I am sure the owner of the 1130 took great care of his PDP, for someone to spend that kind of cash on a Plasma would make no sense in them not taking care of it, ask him for a copy of the receipt, and find out if you can transfer the warranty, me personaly would go for the 1130 if it is still in prestine condition, which I am sure it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.