AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

During a recent visit to a local dealer, I was offered a used B&W ASW675 for around $500.00. This is a fairly recent sub that retails for $1,000 and usually goes used for around $750.00.

I have a PSB Subsonic 5 (not the i version) that I have been considering upgrading. This looks like an opportunity to get a $1,000 sub for 1/2 of what is worth. Yes?

I know that most folks in this forum love the interent dealers, but is this a deal that I should consider? Please don't just blindly recommend the top brands that are recommended around here. Also please don't blindly bash B&W subs if you are not familiar.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
This will be a great music sub but may fall short of your expectations for movies if you are expecting wallopingly, whooshing low-frequency energy from it. The sub is -3dB @ 22Hz. But its performance above that should be outstanding.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the reply. While I love watching movies, I don't need my world "shaken" and stirred by my subwoofer. Music is more important to me than movies when it comes to my system. My dealer indicated that with a good sub when listening to music, you shouldn't even be aware that it is there. It should perform as an extension to your existing speakers, and not draw attention to itself.

Do you think there are any new products that I should consider instead at the $500 price point? I've noticed that B&W subs don't make the "top list' around these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/15526874

This will be a great music sub but may fall short of your expectations for movies if you are expecting wallopingly, whooshing low-frequency energy from it. The sub is -3dB @ 22Hz. But its performance above that should be outstanding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts