AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone REALLY close to me is selling a Bang and Olufsen Beovision 4 for 400 dollars with a B&O wall mount (and the remote). No way I am getting it I've already bought 2 used Plasma's this past year and I love my 111FD but my friend has absolutely loved both my 5080 and now my 111FD even more and it's inspired him to want to get a Plasma (he wont shiut up about Plasma!) and he has been looking recently. I was wondering if this would be a good deal to recommend to him? I don't know what the hours are on the set but I will probably email the guy about it. I just don't know if B&O actually makes a really good product or if they are just style and no substance. I know this tv is only 720p but my friend is not very picky and he loved my 720p 5080HD more than I did so he really wouldn't care if the picture is great.

I have a feeling not a lot of people have ever even seen this tv and I probably wont get many responses but if anybody could help me out who has seen this or who has seen any B&O Plasma's before and can tell me about them it would be very appreciated... Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,291 Posts
Someone REALLY close to me is selling a Bang and Olufsen Beovision 4 for 400 dollars with a B&O wall mount (and the remote). No way I am getting it I've already bought 2 used Plasma's this past year and I love my 111FD but my friend has absolutely loved both my 5080 and now my 111FD even more and it's inspired him to want to get a Plasma (he wont shiut up about Plasma!) and he has been looking recently. I was wondering if this would be a good deal to recommend to him? I don't know what the hours are on the set but I will probably email the guy about it. I just don't know if B&O actually makes a really good product or if they are just style and no substance. I know this tv is only 720p but my friend is not very picky and he loved my 720p 5080HD more than I did so he really wouldn't care if the picture is great.

I have a feeling not a lot of people have ever even seen this tv and I probably wont get many responses but if anybody could help me out who has seen this or who has seen any B&O Plasma's before and can tell me about them it would be very appreciated... Thanks
B & O used Panasonic panels in their TVs, and since it's only 720p the picture quality would be the same as whatever generation of 720p Panasonic model that the panel was lifted from, and it was probably an older model. Panasonic's higher-end models were 720p until the 2006 model year, then they became 1080p in 2007 so the PQ on this B & O is not good by today's standards. I wouldn't even pay $100 for this TV.

If you're friend really wants a Plasma, the minimum used model i would choose would be the PZ80U or PZ85U series (1080p) from 2008 - that's when they started looking good.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response... I did hear that B&O used Panasonic glass for their tv's, but I assumed they had much better processing and probably made a few modifications. It also looks like it has high quality anti glare coating very different from Panasonic. You are probably right though, by today's standards it's probably nothing special (besides the looks) and it doesn't even have built in speakers and the set doesn't come with any and he wont want to go out and have to get his own speaker system. He probably doesn't want to spend more than 500 max.

Funny, there actually aren't a lot of Panasonic's in my area on Craigslist. A few but they are older, low end to mid range models that have little to no anti glare and 720p. There is absolutely nothing near me for a decent high end Panny from 2010 onward. There are actually a lot more Pioneers in my area, and since he loves mine I am probably just going to tell him to stick with them and I know he will be comfortable doing so. Not all are Kuro's, some are older like an FHD1 and even older than that. The guy I bought mine from is selling several and I found him reliable but unfortunately he is asking a little out of my friends price range for most. Some people are asking ridiculous prices for older as hell Pioneers that aren't even Kuro's! Somebody is trying to sell an old 2003 Pioneer Plasma for 1700 dollars! What a moron... the listing is been there for ages and he wont budge. He thinks somebody wants to pay that much for a 2003 Plasma lol

Anyways I will keep looking for either a decent priced Kuro or newer Panny in good condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts