AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to upgrade my receiver as I want to get a little more power / punch out of my current speakers. I currently have:

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1014TX

Fronts: B&W DM 604 - S3 x 2

Rears: B&W DM 602 - S3 x 2

Centre: B&W LCR 600 - S3

Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK2

This will mostly be for loud music but is also used for home theater. So If I was to buy a used Denon 4306 does anyone think it would be a noticeable difference from my Pioneer? What about a brand new Denon 3310? I know the differences in features between the 2 Denon's but I'm primarily concerned with the amplifier section. I also understand the 4306 is made in Japan and the 3310 is made in China and there has been some "debate" on whether this truly makes a difference or not so thats also part of the equation...

I just recently had two Behringer A-500's pre-amped to run the fronts and rears and I was very happy with the increased audio output but there was too much hiss and ground loop at low volumes (while watching TV) and not enough room in the cabinet so I've decided to go back to a single unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, after reading forums all day (I knew I'd get sucked in, apparently the Christmas lights are going up tomorrow!) there is a new choice... adding an Emotiva XPA-5 to my Pioneer 1014. When I added the 2 Behringer's there was a noticeable difference but they were old amps and also had allot of interference.

So...

Option #1 - New Denon 3310

Option #2 - Used Denon 4306

Option #3 - Add Emotiva XPA-5 to my Pioneer 1014

1 - 4 of 4 Posts