AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get your guy's opinion. I have the opportunity to get a very good condition used pioneer KRP-500m only thing is it has one pixel that gets stuck white. I don't believe it will bother me all that much and since it flash in out of the correct color sometimes i have hope that it may fix itself. Other than that it's perfect. Opinions yes or no on this display? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb76180 /forum/post/20886391

Just wanted to get your guy's opinion. I have the opportunity to get a very good condition used pioneer KRP-500m only thing is it has one pixel that gets stuck white. I don't believe it will bother me all that much and since it flash in out of the correct color sometimes i have hope that it may fix itself. Other than that it's perfect. Opinions yes or no on this display? Thanks guys.

Like anything used, it all depends on the price. If it's just one stuck pixel it's very unlikely to be seen at normal viewing distance. How many hours are on it and a good way to determine how well it's been taken care of is how the house and cars are maintained as that can be an indicator of someone who cares about their stuff. Good luck if you go ahead with the deal as that's a very high quality set even by todays standards.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty low hours it's perfect other than that. It's a little pricey for a used TV but being that it is still one of the best TVs around i could justify it. I will be sitting a bit closer than most though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTguru3 /forum/post/20886469

Like anything used, it all depends on the price. If it's just one stuck pixel it's very unlikely to be seen at normal viewing distance. How many hours are on it and a good way to determine how well it's been taken care of is how the house and cars are maintained as that can be an indicator of someone who cares about their stuff. Good luck if you go ahead with the deal as that's a very high quality set even by todays standards.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb76180 /forum/post/20886553

Pretty low hours it's perfect other than that. It's a little pricey for a used TV but being that it is still one of the best TVs around i could justify it. I will be sitting a bit closer than most though.

Hour count (esp. a low one) doesn't necessarily mean anything. You can reset the hours in the SM. It's a great set, but I would bring slides and check for any image retention or other defects. Remember to test all the inputs as well.

Check the model number on the back to be sure it's really a 500m (some people try to pawn off their old pre-8G Pioneers as "kuros" either through forgetfulness or willful misrepresentation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice dlp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlplover /forum/post/20886616

Hour count (esp. a low one) doesn't necessarily mean anything. You can reset the hours in the SM. It's a great set, but I would bring slides and check for any image retention or other defects. Remember to test all the inputs as well.

Check the model number on the back to be sure it's really a 500m (some people try to pawn off their old pre-8G Pioneers as "kuros" either through forgetfulness or willful misrepresentation.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It's better than anything made-this year and next

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.