Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

We have coming in a few Lexicon MC1 (latest versions) and a DC2 (loaded with latest version software) for sale. These are used processors in mint condition. All units will be gone over and made sure of this. These are in limited quantity, so act fast!

MC-1: $1999.00 plus shipping

DC-2: $1499.00 plus shipping

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Regarding the DC-2.... This is from the Lexicon web site:
Quote:
The DC-2 is designed as a complete A/V control center, and is available in 3 versions (THX, AC-3 or dts). There are also upgrades available through any authorized dealer to upgrade between the different versions.Dolby Digital and dts versions now with THX SURROUND EX
So, which version are you selling for $1499, and does it include THX-EX?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was wondering if the lexicons you are selling are refurbished,and also what version software do they have.i am interested in buying 1 of these products.please give me some more info on yourself if you are a dealer or sellar in wholesale?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi Jason.

Guys get these quick, they are great units at a great price!! good job AVS.

carlos

·
Registered
782 Posts
Can the MC1's be used to trade up to an MC12 someday?

John

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
between mc-1 and dc-2 briefly are ? I got the manuals and a really fast read just had me confused about the difference. I admit to just looking primarily at bass management.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by johnwcookjr
Can the MC1's be used to trade up to an MC12 someday?

John
john,

prob'ly not. jason says they're used and most likely traded in on MC-12's. if that's the case, older units can only be used once for a trade-up and lexicon keeps track of the serial numbers. if you tried, they'd see it's had it's turn.

also, your "someday" is six days from now. :eek:

Quote:
Originally posted by jamin
between mc-1 and dc-2 briefly are ? I got the manuals and a really fast read just had me confused about the difference. I admit to just looking primarily at bass management.
MC-1 has improved DACs, bass management and sound steering over the DC-2, but the most noticeable difference is 8 video inputs instead of 5. for a more precise answer, you can ask on the Lexicon forum at http://bbs.smr-forums.com/

but the DC-2 is still a great unit. ask john :)

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"MC-1 has improved DACs, bass management and sound steering over the DC-2,"

MC-1 and DC-2 have the same DACs. If the MC-1 and DC-2 are running the same version of software (ditto the DC-1) they have identical bass management and sound steering as the software is the same.

Big differences between DC-2 and MC-1 are in the digital and video inputs, the video switching, a few extra record outputs on the MC-1 and the front panel display.

Shawn

·
Registered
551 Posts
my bad.

but i thought there was a difference in the sound that was in the hardware, not software. oh well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Quote:
Big differences between DC-2 and MC-1 are in the digital and video inputs, the video switching, a few extra record outputs on the MC-1 and the front panel display.
Also if the units are in fact able to be traded in, you'd probably get more for the MC-1. But soundwise, they're identical.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm assuming that neither the MC-1 nor the DC-1 have, nor will have DPL-II, correct?

A) There's not much point, given Logic7

B) Lexicon announced no more upgrades for both.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I just upgraded from an AVR-3801 used as a processor, to an MC-1 which I got 2 nights ago. I watched my first full movie last night: Phantom Menace. I have never heard such room filling seamless sonics come out of my Denon.

Video Switching: If you have a good TV, you will probably want to do this at your TV and not the processor ?

If you have Logic-7, is DPL2 a significant leap ?

At $2K they are a bargain.

- Andy

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys. These units are trade in's for the MC12's, so no you can not upgrade with these units. The DC2 is fully loaded with everything including THX Ultra, dts ES, Dolby Digital, V4.0 software, etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
the phone number is listed in thread. movie quikly or you might miss it.

good luck

carlos

·
Registered
551 Posts
A

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
I'm assuming that neither the MC-1 nor the DC-1 have, nor will have DPL-II, correct?

A) There's not much point, given Logic7

B) Lexicon announced no more upgrades for both.

·
Registered
782 Posts
"Hey guys. These units are trade in's for the MC12's, so no you can not upgrade with these units. The DC2 is fully loaded with everything including THX Ultra, dts ES, Dolby Digital, V4.0 software, etc... " DOH, I had visions of upgrade dancing thru my head...

"but the DC-2 is still a great unit" yes it is, and it has a good home, thanks Dave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
please send me all of the stats on these machine inc soft ver, ac2 thx dts options, warrenty is applicable and software upgrades

payment from australia methods and or deposits

look farward to a promt reply

regards

omeganut

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.