AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 pair of Cheap IR based DLP glasses for my Mitubishi 65737. I had been using them on and off for 5 months on standard mode sometimes with a lot of eyestrain and always dissatisfied with the 3d effect. Recently I try it in reverse mode and huge difference! Almost no eyestrain and much better looking effect. What is even stranger is that in content I can send out to the TV in either L/R or R/L, for some reason the effect is better and the eyestrain is virtually not there when I have it set to L/R and reverse, or R/L and standard. I thought standard is L/R and reverse is R/L so why am I much more satisfied when it is backwards?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Don't know about those glasses, but XpanD and Optoma are reverse. You can tell it's not right in standard because there is very little depth (in comparison) and words coming out of the screen are difficult to focus in on and read.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Since DLP-Link was first dsigned and implemented for front projectors all DLP-Link glasses have to be in reverse mode when used with RP DLP TVs.

All IR emitters and glases assume normal mode.

So you cannot mix using DLP-Link and IR emitter glases on the same RP DLP system in less you can have them use the same mode. This you can do with the Viewsonic DLP-Link glases since they have a switch in them to reverse the sync mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts