AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My projector has @ 3000 hours in economy mode, and still looks more than bright to my eyes. The only problem I can see is a small yellowish tinge in the lower right edge. This leads me to believe a problem with the blue polarizer. The problem has not worsened in the last 3 months with moderate usage.

Would this be worth anything to anyone? I would hate for it to join my ae500 in my garage. The reason to sell comes from wanting a 1080p unit. If someone lives in the Twin Cities area, and would like to stop by for a demo, I can make it happen. I would also throw in a ae500. Any offer would be considered. Price is not a big deal to me, I would just like to see it being used for parts etc...

PM me if interested. Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
If it was me, I would put it on Craigs list for $100. College kids love this sort of deal, big gaming on the wall in the dorm on the cheap! The person that buys can be told of the issue, and will still probably pay $100 for it. If not negotiate..

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks !

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was in a pawn shop today and saw this very model (pretty scratched up), they were selling it for $250.

I was mainly interested in it for gaming on the wii, it has a game mode where the video delay from the buffer is only 0.3 ms.

A good review can be found here.

I'm almost 2000 miles away otherwise I would definitely check it out, anyone closer this could be a great deal if you looking for a gaming projector.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'll be selling mine when the bulb life expires (currently at around 1300 hours, will sell near 1850 or so). It has some blueish spots on the right third of the screen which I'm hoping are bulb related (seem to have showed up with the latest bulb) but am pretty sure they are related to something else like the polarizer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.