AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the considerable expense in buying or selling Plasma TV's, I have available to me a number of (mostly 42" & 50" NEC Plasmas). Customers are always looking for a deal and considering the price that Ican buy these at, I could offer them to some of the customers at a substantial savings. But considering what I have heard about used Plasmas, I hesitate to sell them. I usually get nervous, and talk them out of buying them.Against my better judgement, I have two customers who are hounding me to sell them a "previously owned" set. ( Its like a Mercedes; they aren't used; they're previouly owned).

The problem is, that you can't warrantee them. The buddy I can get them from has a sh*tload of them in both sizes. Some he repaired,some cannot be repaired by a human being. There are ribbon cables, glued over parts, robotic soldering that can bearly be seen with the human eye. Add to that the stories you hear about unrepairable Plasma sets. How do you guys feel about this? Have you ever sold "previously owned" Plasma? What has been your experience in this area?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I bought a used 50" Eizo(Panasonic OEM) and it works perfectly.The warrenty period was only one year anyway then you are on your own.As long as there is no pixal damage and the set performs correctly I would not hesitate to buy another used set.

Actually I need another,so make me a deal on a good NEC 50".The only thing that is important to me is PQ.Let me know.Thanks Gregg

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i have a used 50" pioneer 505HD for sale and it is in perfect condition...the benefits being obvious low cost (50% of what I paid), guaranteed and inspectable working condition. There is no reason to expect this to be a shakey deal. Since various retailers are now offering brand new units (same model as mine) for only 25% more than my asking price, you have to ask yourself if the confidence gained by knowing my unit is in perfect working condition and the lower cost ofsets the un-inspectable and higher cost, but with warranty, new discounted units.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.