AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a used Paradigm PW-2200 of unknown Version# and unknown age locally for $400 total. Should I just save up and get the SVS PB12-NSD for $625 total instead? I am torn. Budget is kind of tight these days, and I am no Audiophile but I love deep bass. This would be my first "real" sub after my cheap Sony powered sub just died.

The room is about 15'x20' about 10' high and opens up to kitchen. Receiver is a Sony STR-DG1000 I got for cheap. Fronts are Infinity Beta Towers and Infinity center. All of which will eventually be upgraded. I listen to 50% Movies, 50% music, and 50% gaming. I am a noob, please don't bash me, just want some opinions, thanks!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
oh boy, here come the recommendations..... get ready....

hsu, svs, elemental designs... gonna get a few.

personally i would buy new. and you will not be disappointed. svs makes a great sub. with great support, as does the others mentioned above...

good luck.

i went from a lower end velodyne vrp-1200 to my ed a5-350 and let me tell you it will change the way you experience, and enjoy movies

·
The Village Idiot
9,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch-digger /forum/post/17006153

i went from a lower end velodyne vrp-1200 to my ed a5-350 and let me tell you it will change the way you experience, and enjoy movies

I hope you are right - and no reason to think otherwise after all I've read about the A5-350 - I have one on the way in about 2 weeks or so. I currently have an Infinity PS212 - it does music pretty well - and leaves a little to be disired with action movies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts