AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I recently located a pair of used RF-15s for $250 for sale locally.

I was looking at RF-52 and RF-62.  I was leaning toward the 52s due to where I wnat to put the speakers / size limitations, and due to my budget.. I'm trying to do a very economical system.  I have no spekers except for a Klispch SW-8 that is very old..but still functions well.

the RF-15 appears to be an old versoi of the RF-52.  same basic dimensions and setup but an older design.

assumign I demo these and they sound nice - would this be a good deal?  I was thinking of offering $200...  maybe he meets me in the middle at $225.

i believe these reteained new for about $600 for the pair.

anyhelp is verymuch appreciated thank you

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was planning on getting just these as my main front / left.  and then look for a center used.

since these speakers are the same size / layout as the current RF-52, I assume a new RC-52 would probably work well enough with them???  

if I really develop an interest in improving my setup.. I coudl always move these RF-15 to the rears and make them surrounds, and then upgrade my front left/right to something bigger/beter like RF-62 or RF-82... but those are pricey..and i'd rather start small / inexpeinsive. 

I am a total newbie and maybe these RF-15s will satisfy me.. no need tos pend $1000+ on speakrs if a used $250 set will do what I want...  

I also found a used set of RF-3s for $300.  they are a slightly older speaker but use dual 8" drivers instead of the 5.25" drivers in the RF-15.

if the guy with the RF-3s would negotiate a bit.. i might get them down to the same price range as the Rf-15s... woudl they be better???

if I am getting speakers that are about 10 years old... is that a bad idea and they are going to have stuff worn out on them... like the subwoofers are going to be cracked or hte foam rotted... or anythign lke that???  my klipsch SUB is over 15 years old and looks/sounds like new... so I assume their stuff.. especiallyt eh RF line is well made and lasts a very long time...

any suggestions on RF-15 vs RF-3?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts