AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 year old Toshiba 61" 4:3 RPTV.

What would be a fair price to sell it for ?

It's in excellent condition... about 21 months left on the extended warranty...No burn in....

It has component input, although not progressive, and 2 AV inputs...and 2 RF inputs,

Was $2800 when new....

I was going to just give it to my mom, but she decided it's to big for the room....so now I gotta sell it...

At least now, it will help pay for the new one... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thanks

Shelly

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
This is a hard question. I had someone just yesterday offer me half-price on my 2.5 year old Pioneer Elite (widescreen, but not HDTV). Is the fair? In looking around at the prices out there he could get himself a decent HDTV for that price. However, I still think the older Elite picture beats out many of the HDTVs on the market for clarity and such, but it still isn't an HDTV.

I guess half might be fair, if that is what someone is willing to happily pay, and it would cut down the cost of the impending Elite-HDTV purchase....

My guess would be to look at the current prices of new, comparable RPTVs and apply a reasonable discount off of that, given that yours is used. The extended warranty definitely helps with the equation. I would think you could get at least $1500 for this.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You could put it on Ebay with a reserve (minimum you would accept) and stipulate that the Buyer pays all shipping costs and see what develops. I'm not sure, but I don't think it cost you anything unless it sells, and if no one meets the reserve, you won't have to. You might be surprised at what happens once the bidding starts.

Also, if you go in and look for your model on EBay for a few days, you might come up with the going price in today's market.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
277 Posts
Correction!! You will have to pay listing fees regardless if it sells or not but they would be minimal (ie. less than $5-$6).

------------------

To Infinity and Beyond!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I sold my 60" Hitachi ultravision (not hd) that was three years old for half of what I paid for it. Being HD you should not have a problem getting half. Do it before the 47" Panasonic comes out this june at 1700!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Honestly, I'll be surprised if you can get $1000 for it.

I see three and four year old Mits 55" sets being soold in the newspaper classifieds all the time for $500-$600.

I've considered selling my 2-year old 50" Tosh, but doubt I'd get more than $500 for it.

What is it about your 61" that makes you think $1100 is attainable ? I'd like to know, maybe I'm underestimating my own set.

Yours is just an NTSC with digital 3-line comb filter and PIP, Dolby Pro-Logic, and Colorstream component inputs, right ? There was no TOSH model from three years ago that was HD-capable.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph (soon I hope),

Dish 6000 (HBOHD,SHOHD,CBS,NBC,ABC,WB,FOX,UPN, KCET -- does it get any better ?)

[This message has been edited by dreamer (edited 04-27-2001).]

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
As a guide, I sold my 55" Mitsubishi last November. It was about 2 1/2 years old, in perfect condition. I paid $2499 for it and sold it for $1100. I put it on Ebay, and ran an add in the local paper. I only got 3 bids and 3 calls from the ad, but it sold without problem.

------------------

Steve

Visit our dedicated home theater, The City Cinema.

·
Registered
731 Posts
"There was no TOSH model from three years ago that was HD-capable."

I have a 3 year old (bought in May 1999) TW65H80 that is HD capable, I watch HD all the time on it. That model was released in 1998, so there were Toshiba HD ready sets 4 years ago....

98-99 TW65H80

99-00 TW65X81

00-01 65H80

Of course that's just the widescreen 65" models, there were two other widescreen and a couple of 4:3 HD ready sets as well.

Roger

------------------

System: B&K AVR307, Toshiba TW65H80 RPTV, Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD, JVC HR-5400U SVHS

Philips CDR880 CDR, Sony SAT-HD100 & B50 DBS, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable

Polk RT2000P mains, Polk CS350 Center, Polk LS/FX Surrounds

Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer, Pronto Remote

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'd have to agree with Dreamer that your asking price is probably a bit too high. I see on the crazyeddie.com website that one can buy a brand new 61" Toshiba 61A60 for $1567.95.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.