AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering upgrading my projector and am wondering what a reasonable selling price for it would be. It has about 430hrs on it and is the PG-M20Xa model. I have had no problems with it although sometimes it lights on the second attempt instead of the first.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ken.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know the M20X is going for about $1750 on ebay (new). I think the XA version is cheaper. My guess is used it might be worth $600-800 depending on remaining warranty. Out of curiousity why do you want to upgrade? I just bought a M20X and I love it. I can understand wanting the latest and greatest, just curious what you feel are some short comings after having for that amount of time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am building a new theatre and thought of upgrading. If the are only selling for around $800 I will keep it and continue using it. Just a mild case of ugraditus :)

I have always really liked the projector and have had no issues with it.

Ken.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
I think the only difference between the M20x and M20xa is the bulb. I would expect you to be able to get more than $800 for it. Between the M20xa and X1 it would be pretty much no contest in my book. I would recommend somebody take the M20xa in that case (assuming it was working well). More pixels and a 3x wheel for less rainbows.

I bet I could find somebody I know who would pay $1k for it if you would be willing to handle any paperwork issues with the warranty (they pay the costs, but you agree to "lease" it to them and make the call to Sharp if it goes belly up before the warranty ends).

--Darin

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much for the offer of help Darin....I have gotten over my case of purchaseitus and am going to wait and see what comes out after CEDIA. Eventually I think I would like something that is 16:9 native.

I ended up with 30% at dell which would of put the HT1000 at a price of around $3000 less the $500 rebate or with the anamorphic lens. Fortunately form my credit card the rebate expired and I can now hold off again. :)

Thanks again.

Ken.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I hate to be the green meanie but I have to close this thread. We have a rule against advertising items for sale in the open forum, and asking how much to sell a projector for is sort of a back-door way of advertising a machine for sale. Also, I know bigwo2000 and edwardr132 were kidding, but we have had members start actual bidding exchanges before and that's not what the forum is for--we have the free AVS Home Theater Market for members to buy, sell and auction home theater equipment... check it out!

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.