Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

Is it time to toss off the trusty Pronto or Pronto Pro - will the Progear able to conquer the 50 remotes in your system?

This thread to encourage discussion on how you intend using your progear.

Let me tell you how I plan to use it:

(a) Run DVD Profiler to see my DVD collection which is numbered the same as the DVD's in my Kenwood 5900. With 802.11b network in my house the review can be seen through links on internet via cable modem before watching.

(b) I have a HTPC attached to my Theta and then to DWIn Front Projector - I have all my MP3's on the HTPC. Loaded vnc remote software free from AT&T (search cnet.com) on the HTPC and will on the Progear to control the MP3 player - Music Match in my case.

The future plans:

Replace my Pronto Pro - I would be seeking forum members help on how to accomplish this. If there was a pdawin type program made for a pocket PC which could be installed on a windows PC then this could be accomplished.

Plan to put a D Link Wireless 802.11 b camera in the backyard to watch kids when they swim on the Progear while Inside the house.

Let us hear what forum members have to say.

Ash

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Anything can be done! Even with your requests!! The question would be, do you have an open checkbook?! Sometimes using lesser equipment cost much more than buying the right more expensive one. Sometimes other options are better and more manageable(control).

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,

I see you are ISF and Crestron Programmer.

Part of the joy of this hobby is to 'play' with stuff like this.

I agree with you that many times if you try to do things on the cheap it really gets expensive as you cannot achieve the desired results.

At the same time, this is what the avs forum is great for - combined knowledge of a bunch of enthusiasts who can accomplish the results with least investment.

My two cents.

Ash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.