AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Ushio NSHA250JK Bare Bulbs for JVC PK-L2615U & PK-2618U Projector Lamp

To avoid spurious notifications from being generated, please contact me by PM if you're interested, instead of replying to this thread.

These can be installed in the JVC PL-L2615U/L2615UP lamp housing which is used in all recent JVC projectors (DLA-RS-400, RS-420, RS-440, RS-500, RS-520, RS-540, RS-600, RS-620, RS-640, X550, X750, X950 etc). The same bulb is also used in the new native 4K models (DLA-RS2000, DLA-NX7 etc), in a completely different different housing. The bulb replacement procedure is essentially the same; see the last four pictures attached.

Please note that the bare bulbs may be up to 25% less bright than the JVC brand bulbs. To maximize the brightness when changing bulbs, you should run the JVC Autocal to optimize the colour balance. An alternative is to set the Color Temp to High Bright, and reduce the R and B Gains to bring the colour temperature to D65.

The cost is $110 USD plus $15 tracked shipping to US or Canada. Item will be shipped from Canada. If you provide your email address and I’ll send you a PayPal invoice.

========================================================================================================

Installation instructions: It's relative easy to install the bulb into an existing housing. The only tools required are a Philips screwdriver and a pair of tweezers.

It's best to work with the lamp in the orientation shown in the picture once the 4 retaining screws are removed, as otherwise some parts may fall out.

To remove the old bulb:
  • Remove screw 1 and the metal bracket that it holds.
  • Remove the two screws 2 that hold the wires to the bulb terminals. Remember which wire goes where.
  • Remove the four screws 3 (two shown in picture, two more at the back) that hold the brackets clamping the lamp to the housing. Lift up the four brackets, remembering the order. Lift up the bulb. There are more brackets underneath; do not remove those. Also note the small U-shaped spring in the upper right corner, which is intended to prevent the bulb from moving laterally.
To install the new bulb, reverse these steps. Make sure when inserting the brackets, the little alignment pin poke through the hole. Also make sure all brackets are resting flush against the plastic housing, before tightening the screws. If necessary, reseat the lamp so that the brackets rest flush. Make sure the screws are snug but do not over-tighten them.

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
I picked up a replacement bulb from Dominic and am very happy with it. My projector is now back to full brightness. And the procedure to install the bare bulb is not terribly challenging.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
No sorry. I only have the bare bulbs.

So I typically like to always have a back-up. Now if I buy the bare bulb and install that, then my backup is the 2,000 hours or so used bulb. Upon careful removal that should be still usable correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I typically like to always have a back-up. Now if I buy the bare bulb and install that, then my backup is the 2,000 hours or so used bulb. Upon careful removal that should be still usable correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you can keep the current bulb as back-up.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m interested in a bulb for a JVC RS 400. How do I proceed?
If you provide your email (by PM if you prefer) I will send you a PayPal invoice. They are currently out of stock; next shipment about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,009 Posts
Dominic has anyone used these in a NX 5/7/9 yet? Would the instructions be similar / the same?

Thanks Stephen
Its the same bulb. The housing will be a little different but that shouldn't matter much.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dominic has anyone used these in a NX 5/7/9 yet? Would the instructions be similar / the same?

Thanks Stephen
Someone did buy one for the NX9, but as a spare so he won't be using it for quite a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Riccardo and I write from Italy, I ask Dominic to be contacted on PM, I don't have enough posts on this forum, for the purpose of buying jvc rs400 bulb.
Many congratulations to all for the good of this community.
P.S: I apologize for my English, but I'm using the google translator.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi everyone, my name is Riccardo and I write from Italy, I ask Dominic to be contacted on PM, I don't have enough posts on this forum, for the purpose of buying jvc rs400 bulb.
Many congratulations to all for the good of this community.
P.S: I apologize for my English, but I'm using the google translator.
I have sent you a PM with my email address.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts