AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I use NTFS on WinXP and no matter what player I use (Vidomi, WinDVD, PowerDVD, BSplayer), if the file is larger than 2GB, I loose video/audio sync when I try to seek to any part of the movie. Playing from the beginning seems to be fine, however.

I don't wish to break it up into smaller files, because I have yet to find a player that can start loading the subsequent files in a playlist before the previous is over so as to avoid any breaks in the playback. I can't understand why no one had done anything about this or even offers a solution as an option somewhere. It can't be impossible since VOB files are only 1GB and I have never seen any breaks in my DVD movie playback.

Any help ? ???

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
When you're using Vidomi, have you tried making the output a .divx file? For some reason I want to say the bug you're hitting is something to do with the .avi format...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give it a shot. I'll wait until the DVD that I get.

Anyone else have any ideas on the other questions?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've encountered the very same problem with my 2GB+ DivX files. However, with the latest version of ZoomPlayer I'm not having this issue anymore -- try ZP, it may work for you as well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What version of WinDVD did you use? I used to have problems playing large VOB files with most of the DVD players till recently. WinDVD 4.0 now has fine with 7gig files. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.