AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ps3 recently died on me. I'm thinking of moving over to the 360 because I want to try out kinect. I used my Ps3 to back up home videos. Now, what's really annoying is that PS3 encrypts data on it, so from my understanding, even though there's nothing wrong with the hard drive, I can't transfer that data to my computer. Also, if I was to buy a new PS3 and try to swap in my old hard drive, the first thing it would do is automatically format the drive. Does anyone use the 360 to back up home videos? Does the 360 encrypt the files? If it dies, would I be able to get the files off the hard drive? I might just buy the 4gb model if its not useful to back up home videos. Thanks

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
1. Using a console to view home movies is cool, but I wouldn't store them on the console. Instead stream from a PC where storage is cheap and vast.

2. Was PS3 your blu-ray player? How many PS3 games do you own. Not sure abandoning the platform is a good move.

3. A 360 is probably worth picking up but I'm not sure kinect is a good enough reason.

solution: buy a 2TB drive, PS3, 360, and N router.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.