AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what ive been trying to do: I have a HTPC, PS2, and plan to add an IPOD/other 3rd device. I need a dvd player also.

Soooooo Ive been looking at HTIB's and was wondering if I could use the dvd player with built in amp that most HTIBs have as a reciever and run my PC, ps2 and whatever else i might get down the track through its AUX function? The problem I guess will proberly be connectivity but I was hoping to connect the PS2 via optical or if the worst comes to the worst using something like an RCA double adapter to input the ps2 and PC devices via RCA. Anything to make it work however I dont wanna be pulling out jacks and swapping stuff, I just want it all to work while I sit on the couch :)

It this ()a smart, money saving idea or (b) utterly stupid ?

If it is B please tell me because the other way I see this happening is forking out the $500AUD for a logitech [=link removed]Z5500 5.1 system which is designed with this sort of connectivity in mind. 505w RMS too so it certainly cuts the mustard

PS: One more question, how much wattage for sattelites and subs will I need from one of these HTIBs to get above average sound results? 60w? 50? Im not really an audiophile and really prefer savings over slickness

cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.