AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Sammy 55 inch 6350 ty. My av receiver (Yamaha HTR-5950) is a dinosaur with no hdmi capabilities. Along with the receiver, my setup includes a 3.1 klipsch speakers, a blu - ray and cable box. Everything works fine when watching tv or a blu-ray disc and I can get the sound out of the klipsch speakers. Problem is whaen I use a tv app (like youtube), the only sound is thru the tv speakers. Do I need to purchase an optical cable and attach it to the digital output (back of tv) to the receiver (digital input md-cdr)? I looked all over the internet for an answer including a chat with Samasung technical support to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Just purchased a Sammy 55 inch 6350 ty. My av receiver (Yamaha HTR-5950) is a dinosaur with no hdmi capabilities. Along with the receiver, my setup includes a 3.1 klipsch speakers, a blu - ray and cable box. Everything works fine when watching tv or a blu-ray disc and I can get the sound out of the klipsch speakers. Problem is whaen I use a tv app (like youtube), the only sound is thru the tv speakers. Do I need to purchase an optical cable and attach it to the digital output (back of tv) to the receiver (digital input md-cdr)? I looked all over the internet for an answer including a chat with Samasung technical support to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Yup, that would be the connection.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Do I need to purchase an optical cable and attach it to the digital output (back of tv) to the receiver (digital input md-cdr)?

Thanks in advance.
Yes.

Belden makes good cables.

Any cheap one will probably be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts