AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Panny HS2 which I'me very satisfied with. I use it the burn DVDs of wedding and events that I've been hired to videotape.

I just ordered the LF-D521 for my PC. I intend to archive all of my video gigs to DVD and clone the DVD for clients. I realize that I could avoid the PC altogether if I archived to DVD-Ram, but I do not care for this solution.

What would be the best software for cloning my event video DVDs? The cloning process should be a bit for bit clone with no signal degradation whatsoever.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
I've been using DVD Decrypter (freeware) in ISO mode to rip my E80-made DVD-Rs onto my PC hard-drive, then simply writing DVD-Rs for however many copies using that ISO. That's the easiest way I know of.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Jeff:

If you have the LF-D521, have you tried using B's Recorder Gold to dup your HS2 DVD's?

Just use the COPY DISK function. I've used it on many occasions, and it works very well, burning bit for bit, digital clones of my HS2 DVD's...

DVD Decrypter is a very good app to use as well, as Brajesh mentioned.

jock

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Is there a way to rip the mpeg file on it and create new menus and extras?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalfreakNYC
Is there a way to rip the mpeg file on it and create new menus and extras?
Yes, you can use TMPG DVD Author to import the VOB files, add new menus and/or other mpeg files for extras.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Another solution that works well is Ulead's DVD Movie Factory. This program directly accepts vob files and allows the adding of menus and chapter stops. Its burn engine is also nice as it makes the finished DVD-R quite compatible with set top players.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you mean just copying the dvd-r, then I agree dvd decrypter would be you best choice. Use Iso mode read which makes an identical copy on your computer hard drive and then use the iso mode write. Dvd decrypter has burn proof and makes IDENTICAL copies. I belive this will be your best choice and it's free.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My BUY.com order for the Panny LF-521 was cancelled because inventory had run out.

This is a good thing because I ordered a Lucky Goldstar Superdrive GSA-4040B instead from WWW.MWAVE.com for $149.90 plus shipping.

The GSA-4040B writes to DVD+R/+RW/-R/-RW/-RAM as well CD-R/-RW. I'll report on this drive once I put it through its paces.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Good deal Jeff. Sounds like an awesome drive and a good price too.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mp3jockey
Will the 4040 take cartridge DVD-RAM disks?
no. AFAIK only the Panny drives take the carts..

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been using Shrink-It. If I need to make a copy of the asian dramas i record from tv. I copy the files from the dvd-r to my computer hard drive and then use Nero to make burn another copy to dvd-r. This way I can test the original dvd-r to see if there are any problems with the dvd-r.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
well THAT'S a pleasant suprise! All the early reviews of the 4040 said it wouldn't take a cart... I may have to get one to try it out...

addendum...

took a look thru various review sites... this one from ZDNet.Uk is typical..

Quote:
DVD-RAM fans, take note: The GSA-4040B won't accept DVD-RAM's protective cartridges, which contribute to the media's 100,000-rewrite potential.
http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/...0005772,00.htm

bothersome.. the company webe site says it does, the reviews say it dosen't.... anyone actually have the drive IN HAND and able to comment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.