AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I hook up my OTA antenna to my HDTV box using a diplexer to have only one wire coming in and then another to split the signals at the box, Can I still use my winegard 4800 preamplifier in the setup?

·
Registered
72 Posts
You need to be sure that you get diplexers that allow you to pass power. I have a similar setup and am using diplexers that only pass power on the antenna port. It is blocked on the satellite port so no frying of LNBs.

--Louis

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, you can still use your Winegard power amp. But make sure to install your OTA power amp and power supply before the 5x4 multiswitch ant in "uhf/vhf" input. If you install it after the multiswitch this will over power your sat signals. And you won't be getting any sat reception.

4 Sat coax & ota power supply to input of 5x4 Eagle ASPEN MULTISWITCH. Output 1 coax going to a dc pass diplexor then 2 coax seperating the Ota signal & Sat signal.

This is what my setup is and works very well.

Have fun with the project.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a RS double bow tie antenna hooked up to my DTC-100 and I can get only 1 out of 5 stations that broadcast digital in my area. I bought the RS amp that I have seen recommended on this board but it didn't do anything. The signal from the one station I could get before went from around 80 down to 65 and all other four stations are still too week for my DTC to lock onto them.

-Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.