AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone... just joined and i am trying to find out if it is possiable to get my viewsat 2000 to work with my showstopper pv-hs2000?

is there any way to add the viewsat ir codes to the showstopper?

thanks!!!

bob.s

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rster53682 /forum/post/0

hello everyone... just joined and i am trying to find out if it is possiable to get my viewsat 2000 to work with my showstopper pv-hs2000?

is there any way to add the viewsat ir codes to the showstopper?

thanks!!!

bob.s

i was told that it is not possiable with the showstopper ...... but i thought i would check here

anyone?????

· Registered
2,591 Posts
I don't see why not, but I also don't see it out there... yet. You can do this with a 4k and 5k series Replay. I'm sure you'd have to do something like pull the drive out and put in another image. It's a little easier with a 4k and 5k since the upgrade is done over the network.

· Registered
80 Posts
Here is my workaround. I program the satellite box to turn on a particular show, and separately set up the Showstopper to record at the same time. As I have it connected to the satellite box with S Video inputs, it works fine with both things turning on separately, although it is twice as much work to program a show. Anyway, not a true answer for your question, but it works.....

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey everyone thanks for the ideas, so i would have to have the showstopper connected to the internet?i wish it was as easy as loading a new image.... is there any way to put the ir codes into the image i have?

sounds like a project...if i can help with any info i will try....

someone has had to have done this.......

thanks so far for the help.......

· Registered
2,591 Posts
You'll only need the showstopper to connect up to keep the time/date current. It will drift slowly if not. There is an image with a manual clock set.

· Registered
2,591 Posts
Um.... it really depends on what you call the Internet. Technically, using the phone line is connecting to the internet. It uses the same numbers that people with Earthlink dial-up use when the connect to the internet. The only difference is that after connecting, the Replay will go to it's server on the internet and get the info it needs.

Even the newer models with an ethernet connection do the same thing to get time and guide info, except they don't need a phone line. They just use your own broadband connection instead of an Earthlink dial-up number.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok...thank you for the info... i just read where someone was able to get there pansat 2500a to work with there showstopper but i think it had something to do with the bin file they used on the sat box.

bobs

· Registered
72 Posts
There are Tivo or Dish DVR codes available to load onto the Viewsat. You can then use the IR blaster to have the Replay control the satellite box; just experiment with the IR codes in set-up till you find one that works. At least, that's what I did with mine.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello keyzersoce....

so... i can load a viewsat bin that has the dish ir codes, then use the blaster port to control the viewsat????!!!!

hey now we are getting somewere.... i will look for the bin!!

thank you keyzersoce!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.